Client Service Specialist - Welcome Center - REVISED (N158-2324)
POSTING NUMBER: N158-2324
POSTING DATE: August 23, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
POSITION: Client Service Specialist – Welcome Center
LOCATION: Welcome Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Welcome Center
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer telephones to screen, triage and provide information to incoming callers or forward to the correct office or school.
· Welcome walk-in visitors for both Welcome Center and Enrollment/Choice Office and provide with intake to be completed (Enrollment/Choice office is
new since we moved to 330 Wethersfield Avenue).
· Assist in keeping track of data for special projects, grants, working papers, outreach events, McKinney Vento projects, etc.
· Assist with other projects as needed by supervisor and/or the Office of Family and Community Partnerships.
· Enter data from Welcome Center intakes in database
· Photocopy/collate materials.
· Coordinate a monthly Welcome Center calendar with school and community based information and events to share with Welcome Center families.
· Ability to periodically work an extended and/or flexible schedule to meet the demand of the Welcome Center and or the Office of Engagement and
· Perform general receptionist duties.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to answer the phone, take messages, and redirect calls to appropriate departments.
· Highly proficient in the use of modern office equipment, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and other applicable programs.
· Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to maintain variety of clerical records.
· Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in making personal and telephone contacts.
· Ability to periodically work an extended and/or flexible schedule to meet the demands of the office.
· Bilingual preferred.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month work year. Salary, $30,000.
UNION AFFILIATION: None
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internaland external applicants must submit an online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartfordand follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) isa diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
● Competitive salary
● Career growth opportunities
● Tuition reimbursement
● Rich health care plan
● Professional development
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D