Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a motivated and experienced Portfolio Manager to join our Technical Operations group. As a Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for tracking and overseeing business process improvement initiatives, software deployments and upgrades, and cross-functional operational excellence initiatives within the company. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient management and execution of these initiatives.
- Initiative Tracking: Monitor and manage the progress of various business process improvement initiatives, software deployments, and upgrades, and operational excellence projects, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and timelines
- Portfolio Management: Build and maintain a portfolio of initiatives, categorize them according to their strategic relevance, and prioritize based on business needs and objectives
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholders from different departments to foster collaboration and drive the successful execution of initiatives
- Performance Metrics: Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness and impact of initiatives, providing regular updates to the leadership team
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and issues that may impact the success of initiatives and develop mitigation strategies to address them
- Budget Oversight: Collaborate with the finance team to manage the budget for initiatives, ensuring responsible resource allocation
- Dashboards and Analytics: Identify and define key portfolio data and KPIs. Map and automate data flows to enable streamlined reporting. Design and build dashboards and visualizations to enable actions to be taken based on portfolio data. Review and analyze data with a focus on predictive indicators (trends) to prevent issues before occurrence.
- Reporting: Prepare and present regular reports to the Director of Initiative Portfolio Management, highlighting the status and progress of initiatives
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project charters, plans, and reports. Prepare and present regular reports to departmental leadership and stakeholders
- Resource Allocation: Collaborate with resource managers to allocate and manage project resources effectively. Ensure that projects have the necessary personnel, equipment, and materials
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., business management, project management, or life sciences)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in portfolio management or project management, preferably in the biotech industry. Strong understanding of biotech operations and business processes
- Proficiency in project and portfolio management methodologies and tools
- Experience with data analytics, portfolio management and data visualization tools is highly preferred (e.g.PowerBI, Planisware, Smartsheet, Tableau)
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing prioritie
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $131,000 – $169,000 per year based on skills,education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire (withadditional annual grants, and grants upon promotion when applicable), and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.