Organically Grown Company (OGC), the Northwest’s largest independent distributor of fresh, organic produce, is hiring an AM Warehouser II. If you have experience operating a forklift and working in a warehouse environment, we want to meet you!
Why work for OGC?
Warehousers play an important behind-the-scenes role in the produce trade, getting fresh fruits and vegetables into the hands of grocers and restaurants. Here, you’ll work closely with a great warehouse and driving crew to receive produce and safely store it in our facility.
Join our team to earn:
- Wage starts at $18.50 an hour, DOE
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits for you and your family after 30 days of employment
- Free medical insurance option for coworkers!
- 4x10 schedule
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Annual profit share – 20% of profits distributed back to employees
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 5% company match
- $200 annual fitness reimbursement
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free and discounted organic produce
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Receive inbound product from growers and check for order accuracy.
- Use warehouse equipment to put-away inbound product in correct rack location based on established pick paths and dedicated slotting instructions.
- Regularly review pallets and restack, rotate, verify dates codes when applicable.
- Complete receiving records timely and accurately.
- Safely operate warehouse equipment including pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Clean warehouse, coolers, docks and outside areas as directed. Remove trash, compost and recyclables as needed.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience; preferred experience in a warehouse or logistics environment.
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift, rider jacks, etc. * Forklift assessment will be completed during interview process*
- Ability to adhere to a set schedule, and ability to be flexible with scheduling changes as they arise.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment; able to switch tasks quickly and efficiently as needed.
- Knowledge of produce handling and food safety requirements including GFSI & GMP.
Even better if you bring:
- Previous work experience with perishable products
- Great attendance record
- Workplace longevity
- Computer savvy
This position requires the ability to regularly perform physical tasks including but not limited to: lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing and reaching. Regular heavy lifting up to 60lbs required during approximately 15% of scheduled work time. Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness to monitor warehouse processes and/or identify problems. Work environment will regularly be cold and may be exposed to dust, fumes, dirt, noise and water. Ability to meet above description of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Organically Grown Company (OGC), we are not only proud to an Equal Employment Opportunity --- we celebrate and thrive on the benefit our diverse workforce brings to our employees, customers, and community. OGC encourages individual differences and makes all employment decision based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender identity, LGBT/ sexual orientation, veteran’s status, physical, mental or sensory disability, age, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other applicable characteristics that makes you YOU! OGC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. OGC also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.