Non-Credit Instructor - Healthcare Services
Job SummaryThe Patient Access Representative instructor plays a vital role within our workforce development training programs. Instructors will have the unique opportunity to teach and guide students in the field of patient access and healthcare administration. This position aims to provide students with essentials and knowledge required for entry-level roles as patient access representatives in healthcare settings. Through our comprehensive curriculum, you will provide students with a thorough introduction to patient registration, insurance verification, appointment scheduling, medical terminology, and medical records management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Instruction & Program Support
Facilitates comprehensive learning experiences on a wide range of patient access and healthcare administration topics, including:
- Providing a comprehensive overview of patient registration processes and procedures
- Emphasizing the importance of accuracy in insurance verification and eligibility determination
- Enhancing understanding of appointment scheduling systems and patient communication
- Promoting knowledge of medical terminology and documentation requirements
- Developing proficiency in handling confidential patient information and maintaining privacy standards
- Ensuring awareness and adherence to healthcare regulations and compliance standards
- Utilizing relevant software applications (e.g., electronic health records, scheduling systems) for efficient patient access operations
- Utilize instructional resources effectively and adapt teaching methods to meet the diverse learning needs of students. Collaborate with program staff to ensure curriculum alignment and provide input on curriculum enhancements
Customer Service and Classroom Support
The instructor is responsible for assessing student progress and providing support throughout the program. This includes:
- Utilizing effective assessment techniques to measure student progress and performance.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to guide students' learning journey.
- Determining and submitting grades in accordance with college policies.
- Maintaining accurate and confidential records.
- Identifying students needing additional support and connecting them with available resources or to ATC Career Navigator
- Demonstrating punctuality, attendance, and a professional work ethic.
- Taking on additional responsibilities as needed to contribute to student success and overall team goals.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – Ongoing
The instructor cultivates a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment where individuals of all backgrounds can contribute to their fullest potential. Responsibilities include:
- Designing/implementing accessible and inclusive curriculum and teaching strategies.
- Promoting diversity and equity in curriculum development.
- Maintaining a safe and respectful environment for all members.
- Encouraging an atmosphere of respect and inclusion.
This commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion ensures an environment where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related field with a strong focus on patient access, health administration, or related discipline.
- Two (2) years of experience working in health access, healthcare administration, or related role.
- Relevant certifications in healthcare administration, instructional design, and CPR
Additional License Requirements:
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.